Businesses are being encouraged to enter the 2018 Northamptonshire Logistics Awards following it’s official launch this week.Designed to recognise and celebrate the county’s leading businesses, inspirers, apprentices and drivers, the awards – sponsored by MHA MacIntyre Hudson – will reward businesses across 12 categories at Northamptonshire County Cricket Ground on Friday, 29th April.
The headline sponsor is once again MHA MacIntyre Hudson, and there will 12 awards up for grabs, designed to recognise and celebrate the county’s leading businesses, inspirers, apprentices and drivers.
MHA MacIntyre Hudson Partner Adam Young said: “We are delighted to once again sponsor these awards. Logistics is such an integral part of this county and it is wonderful that firms are getting real recognition for the contribution and investment they make to the continued growth and development of Northamptonshire.
“The sector and county harbours some truly exceptional talent which isn’t always given the recognition it deserves so if you haven’t entered yet then please nominate your firm and its staff without delay.”
One of last year’s sponsors, also an award winner, was Wellingborough-based PALLITE – crowned the 2017 Innovation winner for its use of 80% recycled paper and child friendly glue in its pallets and collapsible pallets.
Managing Director Patrick Mulhall has urged businesses across the county to get involved: “Winning an award last year was a huge deal. Everyone works so hard and is passionate and believes in what they are doing, so to get external recognition is a real boost for the whole company. We are real ambassadors for the awards now, we are sponsoring a category again and we would urge everyone to work together to celebrate logistics successes.”
The Northamptonshire Logistics Awards is organised by the Northamptonshire Logistics Forum – a forum facilitated by the University of Northampton and Northamptonshire Growth Hub and made up of representatives from logistics companies county-wide.
Tony Bellott, Chair of the forum, said: “An incredible one in seven people are employed in logistics in this county, so this is our opportunity to celebrate successes and triumphs. Nominating yourself, your company or a colleague is easy to do, so act today and be a part of one of the most important events in the county’s logistics calendar.”
The 2018 awards will take place on Friday, 20th April at the Northamptonshire County Cricket Ground and the deadline for entries will be 12 noon Friday, 9th March 2018.
The categories and other sponsors are:
- Innovation – Kuehne & Nagel
- Inspirer in Schools and the Community – GoodWill Solutions Learning Academy CIC
- SME Company of the Year – Wilson Browne
- Apprentice of the Year – ILIST
- Young Person of the Year – PALLITE
- CILT Sponsored Student of the Year – CILT
- Growth Company of the Year – Kingsley Consulting
- Team of the Year – John Lewis
- HGV Driver of the Year
- Achiever of the Year – Brackmills Industrial Estate Business Improvement District (BID)
- Logistics Temp Staff Agency of the Year
- Chairman’s Special Award – Fortec Distribution Network
Other organisations supporting the awards:
- Liquid Culture, sponsoring the drinks reception
- All Things Business, media partner
- Pilkington Communications, PR partner
- So Very Creative, web partner
- Northampton College
To find out more and enter the awards, please click here