Introduction to Finance
No matter how great a business is, it’s not going to get anywhere without one very important thing; money. Finding the money to get your business up and running requires a lot of preliminary planning, whether you’re going to pursue outside funding or choose to use your own savings for the first few months. There are several options when it comes to securing outside funding however, regardless of which financing route you take, your potential investors need to see evidence that your idea is practically viable before they sign their signatures on the dotted line.
This interactive masterclass has been designed to take you step by step through the core elements you need to about business finance.
This masterclass will focus on;
- What types of funding are available
- Business planning to secure funding
- Why you need cash flow forecasts
- Finance mix: Grants vs Loans vs Investment
The workshop will be presented by Adam Lawton one of our most experienced business advisors and will include practical tips and guidance.
This workshop is delivered as part of the South East Midlands Start-up Programme (SEMSUP). The programme is led by Wenta and delivered in collaboration with its partners University of Northampton and University of Bedfordshire.
To be eligible to attend this workshop companies must;
- Be looking to start a business within South East Midlands less than 3 years trading history
- Be looking to start a social enterprise within the South East Midlands less than 3 years trading history
- Complete a registration form
We hope that you will take this opportunity to join us at what is sure to be an interesting event.