GDPR: Managing Risk and Data Handling
With the new data protection laws in effect have you made sure your business compliant? You need to ensure that your business is complying with the updated law, otherwise you could be at risk of a penalty fine. Don’t put yourself or your business at risk; come along to 2 hour workshop to find out what the General Data Protection Regulations are, how to keep your records up to date and compliant and what your responsibilities are.
This Session will cover…
- Implementation & regulation
- Your business
- UK & EU…what next?
- Your ongoing responsibilities
- Transparency for customers
- Sharing information
- Keeping your teams & your business up to speed
- Understanding and recording your current data breaches: are you spotting them?
This session includes a 15 minute break and an optional question follow up session after at 11:45am.
The workshop will be presented by Gerrard Fisher is a certified GDPR practitioner, focused on how to get the right systems in place to comply – balancing the legal obligations with practical actions. Astrid’s mission is to help everyone in small businesses understand why protecting information is important, and how to do it effectively. Astrid’s training courses and Apps help business owners and employees get up to speed on their responsibilities, understand them clearly, then comply with GDPR requirements quickly and at low cost.
This workshop is delivered as part of the South East Midlands Start-up Programme (SEMSUP). The programme is led by Wenta and delivered in collaboration with its partners University of Northampton and University of Bedfordshire.To be eligible to attend this workshop companies must;
- Be looking to start a business within South East Midlands less than 3 years trading history
- Be looking to start a social enterprise within the South East Midlands less than 3 years trading history
- Complete a registration form
We hope that you will take this opportunity to join us at what is sure to be an interesting event.